SEND at Franche

What should I do if I have concerns about my child?

Being a parent or carer and having the pressure of ensuring your child gets the best support can be quite stressful. So, if you have any concerns, no matter how small they may be, please contact us. Your first point of contact should be your child’s class teacher, by asking for a meeting to discuss any worries or concerns. Alternatively, Miss N Cross, our SENDCO can be contacted on 01562 751788, or a meeting can be arranged via your child’s class teacher or the main school office. At Franche Primary, we have an open door policy and are always happy to hear from all of our parents or carers.

Our SEN Information Report and SEN Policy, as well as other useful documentation can be found on the left hand menu, which may help to explain further the support we offer for children with additional needs. Worcestershire’s SEN Local Offer is also linked which provides clear and transparent information about the range of educational services and provision in the local area. Further information specific to each of the four areas of SEN can be found on the left hand menu.

The ‘SEND Code of Practice’ 2014 states that there are four main areas which cover Special Educational Needs. Children may show more than one area.

Behavioural difficulties do not necessarily mean that a young person has a SEND and should not automatically lead to a pupil being registered as having SEND.